This week at Better.com involved a lot of firsts.
- I started an NMLS prep course, which is the first step toward getting my NMLS license.
- My classmates and I got to know each other better, which has been one of the biggest struggles of starting a new job remotely. We’re learning each other’s personalities and quirks, which makes for Zoom sessions that are way more fun!
- I attended my first all-hands meeting. Each month Vishal Garg, Better’s founder and CEO, hosts a company-wide meeting—a combination of recapping the previous month and forecasting the future. Vishal is at once enthusiastic, energetic, and laid-back.
Side note if you’re reading this in April 2020: despite COVID-19, Better is continuing to hire at an incredible pace. If you’re looking for work, check out their job listings here. Let me know if you’re planning on applying and I’ll recommend you. And now back to our regularly scheduled programming…
- I got my first loan file, which is at once both exhilarating and terrifying! I’m still learning the system, but there’s no better way to learn than doing it for real! I’m looking forward to helping my first borrower achieve their home ownership goals.
- Though I don’t leave for Charlotte until this coming Friday, I did a dry run of packing my car yesterday. Not only was I able to fit everything I really need to take with me inside, but I had some spare room left for an extra box or two that I was hoping to take, but wasn’t sure I could.
I’m blogging every week about what I’m learning as a processing expert at Better.com. You can find all the posts here.